Engineered Building Design, L.C.
Job Title: Truss Design Technician I
Department: Design Department
Reports To: Truss Design Technician II or Design Manager
- A Truss Design Technician I performs computer aided drafting and design work in an office environment for residential, commercial, and agricultural building components including: roof trusses, floor trusses, engineered floor systems, and wall panels in a small team environment.
- A Truss Design Technician I must have the ability to read blueprints, visualize details in three dimensions, understand loading, and have knowledge of field requirements and plant production requirements for details.
- A Truss Design Technician I is the first line customer contact. Customer service, personnel skills, and professionalism are required.
- Operate computer and office equipment including CAD software and proprietary design software in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Produce products within the specified quality control criteria
- Clean and maintain work area
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain proper attendance and promptness
- Work well with others to achieve optimum levels of production
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Ability to perform duties in the allotted time period
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to read blue prints and technical drawings
- Technical School Certificate in CAD or Engineering (preferred)
- Read, write, and speak English
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Proficient at reading a tape measure
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity with both hands to operate office and computer equipment
- Able to stoop, squat, sit, stand, and climb stairs repeatedly
- Able to negotiate crowded and potentially dangerous work area
- Able to use all senses to perform safe operation of daily tasks
- Work duties are performed in an environmentally controlled office environment but may require time in the production facility and job sites where conditions vary according to the seasons.
Engineered Building Design L.C. is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.