Engineered Building Design, L.C.
Job Title: Truss Assembler I
Department: Production Department
Reports To: Truss Assembler II or Assembly Supervisor
- A Truss Assembler I performs manual labor and is responsible for the safe production of roof trusses, floor trusses, and wall panels in a small team environment.
- Operate production line machinery and equipment including: hydraulic presses, roller presses, automatic hydraulic stackers, electric/pneumatic hand tools, and manual hand tools
- Produce products within the specified quality control criteria
- Clean and maintain work area
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain proper attendance and promptness
- Work well with others to achieve optimum levels of production
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Operate forklift (secondary duty)
- Pick and/or pair plates (secondary duty)
- Other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Read, write, and speak English
- Proficient at reading a tape measure
- Beginning math and industrial skills
- Ability to read technical drawings (preferred)
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity with both hands to lift, position small pieces, and use a hammer
- Lift and carry 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds repeatedly
- Able to stoop, squat, sit, stand, and climb stairs and ladder repeatedly
- Able to negotiate crowded and potentially dangerous work area
- Able to operate machinery and mobile equipment as required
- Able to use all senses to perform safe operation of daily tasks
- Work duties are performed in various production facilities and outdoors where conditions vary according to the seasons. Conditions range from extremely cold, snowy, and icy to extremely hot and humid. Production facilities are dusty and noisy. Personal protective equipment is required.
Engineered Building Design L.C. is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.