Engineered Building Design, L.C.
Job Title: Truck Driver
Department: Truss Transport – Shipping Department
Reports To: Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
- Safely operate a company owned semi tractor to deliver material to customers using different types of trailers depending on the load, including specialty trailers with rollers and extendable hoist beds made for truss delivery.
- At the delivery site, interact with the customer and provide on-site customer service when required. Professionalism and good personnel skills are required.
- Perform manual labor to assist in the safe packaging of roof trusses, floor trusses, engineered floor systems, wall panels into job bundles, or other duties as assigned by Management.
- Operate semi tractor and trailer
- Clean and maintain work area and semi tractor assigned
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain proper attendance and promptness
- Work well with others to achieve optimum levels of production
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Operate forklift (secondary duty)
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess and maintain a Class A Commercial Drivers License (required)
- Meet all federal and state requirements to possess and maintain the Class A CDL (required)
- 3 years experience driving a Semi-Tractor with wide loads (preferred)
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Read, write, and speak English
- Proficient at reading a tape measure
- Able to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity with both hands to lift, operate ratchets, and use a hammer
- Lift and carry 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds repeatedly
- Able to stoop, squat, sit, stand, and climb stairs and ladder repeatedly
- Able to negotiate crowded and potentially dangerous work areas
- Able to operate machinery and mobile equipment as required
- Able to use all senses to perform safe operation of daily tasks
- Work duties are performed in various production facilities and outdoors where conditions vary according to the seasons. Conditions range from extremely cold, snowy, and icy to extremely hot and humid. Production facilities are dusty and noisy. Personal protective equipment is required.
- Work hours vary, but typical is Monday through Friday 6:30-5:00. A few Saturdays may be required. Home every night.
Pay and Benefits
- Compensation based on skill and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401k retirement savings, PTO, paid holidays, and paid vacation
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High School or equivalent
Required experience: Truck driving – 2 years
Required license or certification: Class A Commercial Drivers License
Engineered Building Design L.C. is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.