Engineered Building Design, L.C.
Job Title: Truck Driver
Department: Truss Transport – Shipping Department
Reports To: Shipping Manager
- A Truck Driver safely operates a company owned semi tractor to deliver material to customers. A Truck Driver hauls different types of trailers depending on the load, including specialty trailers with rollers and extendible hoist beds made for truss delivery.
- At the delivery site, a Truck Driver has direct interaction with the customer and provides on-site customer service when required. Professionalism and good personnel skills are required.
- A Truck Driver also performs manual labor to assist in the safe packaging of roof trusses, floor trusses, engineered floor systems, wall panels into job bundles, or as assigned by Management.
- Operate semi tractor and trailer
- Clean and maintain work area
- Clean and maintain the semi tractor that they are assigned
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain proper attendance and promptness
- Work well with others to achieve optimum levels of production
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Operate forklift (secondary duty)
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess and maintain a Class A Commercial Drivers License (required)
- Meet all federal and state requirements to possess and maintain the Class A CDL (required)
- 3 years experience driving a Semi-Tractor with wide loads (preferred)
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Read, write, and speak English
- Proficient at reading a tape measure
- Able to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity with both hands to lift, operate ratchets, and use a hammer
- Lift and carry 50 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds repeatedly
- Able to stoop, squat, sit, stand, and climb stairs and ladder repeatedly
- Able to negotiate crowded and potentially dangerous work areas
- Able to operate machinery and mobile equipment as required
- Able to use all senses to perform safe operation of daily tasks
- Work duties are performed in various production facilities and outdoors where conditions vary according to the seasons. Conditions range from extremely cold, snowy, and icy to extremely hot and humid. Production facilities are dusty and noisy. Personal protective equipment is required.
Engineered Building Design L.C. is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.