Engineered Building Design, L.C.
Job Title: Outside Salesperson
Department: Sales Department
Reports To: Sales Manager
- An Outside Salesperson calls on regional customers to sell residential, commercial, and agricultural roof trusses, floor trusses, engineered floor systems, and wall panels. Conducts pricing and estimating, responds to customer inquiries, and expedites orders in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- An Outside Salesperson must have the ability to read blueprints, visualize details in three dimensions, understand loading, and have knowledge of field requirements and plant production requirements for details.
- A Outside Salesperson is the first line customer contact. Customer service, personnel skills, and professionalism are required.
- Operate computer and office equipment including CAD software and proprietary design software in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Travel to the customer’s place of business and to construction job sites
- Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain proper attendance and promptness
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Ability to perform duties in the allotted time period
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (required)
- Ability to read blue prints and technical drawings
- Understands building code requirements
- Read, write, and speak English
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Proficient at reading a tape measure
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity with both hands to operate office and computer equipment
- Able to stoop, squat, sit, stand, and climb stairs repeatedly
- Able to negotiate crowded and potentially dangerous work area
- Able to use all senses to perform safe operation of daily tasks
- Work duties are performed in vehicles, over the road, and at job-sites. The work environment varies from an environmentally controlled office or vehicle to job sites where conditions vary according to the seasons.
Engineered Building Design L.C. is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.